Dark circles under eyes are a common concern among many people today. Dark circles can become very embarrassing and keep you away from social events. They make a person look tired, old and stressed.
Dark circles can be caused due to various reasons. Some of these are due to hereditary issues, lack of sleep, fatigue, allergies, natural aging process, smoking, menstruation and pregnancy can make the skin pale and lack of vitamins.
The reasons may sound scary however there is no need to get worried. Dark circles and eye puffiness can be treated with home or natural remedies. Some people may choose to consider expensive options such as laser therapy or other surgical procedures to get rid of dark circles. However, the best way to treat dark circles is to sleep well, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and reduce stress. Having foods rich in Vitamin A and C will help reduce dark circles over time. Try using skin creams and lotions rich in Vitamin C.
Home remedies to treat dark circles
• Slice cucumber or potatoes, refrigerate it for some time and keep the cold slices on closed eyes for 20 minutes. Repeat this procedure as many times as you can during the week. Cold slices help blood circulation around the eyes. In a few days you will see reduced dark circles and puffiness.
• Mix some almond powder with milk cream and honey and rub it around your eyes before going to bed. Body detoxification through water or green tea is another way of reducing dark circles.
• Dip tea bags in cold water, squeeze out the water and place the bags on your eyes for 15 minutes. Drink plenty of fresh fruit juices rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps prevent skin darkening and pigmentation.
• Avoid oily foods, coffee, alcohol and smoking cigarettes. Try yoga, meditation and breathing exercises to calm your mind and body. Sarvangasana in yoga is known to reduce dark circles.
• Ensure to eat a balanced diet with lot of greens and vegetables. Watching TV for hours and sitting in front of the computer for long hours need to be avoided. Ensure to wear goggles or shades while stepping out in the hot burning sun. Wash eyes as many times as you can preferably with cold water. This reduces puffiness around the eyes.
• Apply a cream after bathing and before sleeping, rubbing gently in a circular motion to provide nourishment to the dark areas. Lacto Calamine and Aloe Vera based creams work best on dark circles. Prepare an eye paste with crushed mint leaves and little water and apply it over your eyes for 15-20 minutes.
It is always good to try natural remedies rather than trying different cosmetics and surgical procedure which you have no knowledge of. Following these home remedies will make you feel confident and will allow you to move around with friends, attend social events and parties freely without feeling embarrassed. Don’t ignore this condition and treat it in time to keep looking younger and fresh.
More from my site
Get Healthcare Articles Directly in Your Inbox
Tags: Black Circles under Eyes, black circles under eyes home remedies, dark circles under eyes, dark circles under eyes treatment, get rid dark circles home remedies, remove dark circles under eyes, treatment for dark circles