Have you ever found yourself stuck in a room, embarrassed with the fact that you just farted and are dreadfully trying to hide it when people around you cover their noses and find that person who just let one rip? Then you are not alone, there are many people who face the same situation. You may think why do I fart often? What’s the reason?
The answer may stink, but drinking or eating anything gives us gas. In fact, it’s normal to fart up to half of a gallon (1.9 liters), or about 15 to 20 toots worth of gas, each day. Let’s have a deep discussion regarding this, keep reading…
1. One of the first reasons of your fart is swallowing air. Yes, up to 50% of excessive gas is caused by swallowing too much air. It can be swallowed in many ways by chewing gums, smoking, not chewing foods slowly and thoroughly, having loose fitting dentures etc…
2. Most of the food that we eat is made up of carbohydrates that can’t be absorbed and digested by the intestines including cabbage, beans, apples, prunes, onions and much more. The undigested foods are then passed down into the colon that contains over 500 types of bacterial which break down these foods and produce gas which is release as fart. That means certain foods are also considered as the most important culprit for farting.
3. Along with food, there are few health conditions that are also considered the reason for farting. Health conditions such as constipation,irritable bowel syndrome, malabsorption, gastroenteritis, lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
4. Anxiety is another important factor. Yes, anxiety and tension makes the situation worse. This because, when you are more tensed, you’ll be more alert and notice certain body functions that usually we don’t pay attention to. Moreover, during anxiety, you start swallowing more air and your guts become more active due to increased adrenaline levels.
5. Aging is not only an enemy to your appearance but also to your digestive system. As you get older, your body stops producing large amounts of saliva and other digestive juices causing more carbohydrates to be passed untouched into the lower bowel and then fermented by bacteria.
6. Smoking also causes farting. Smoking allows more air to get into your body and trap it in your stomach. Too much gas in intestines produces more gas.
These are few common reasons for fart. But the good news is that you can control your farts. Thinking how? To control farting, avoid sugars, reduce carbonation, take probiotics, quit chewing gum, quit smoking, use an anti-bloating remedy, eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly, be calm and exercise regularly.
More from my site
Get Healthcare Articles Directly in Your Inbox
Tags: farting after eating, farting after eating food, farting all day, farting ayurvedic treatment, farting bad smells, farting benefits, farting but constipated, farting causes, farting causes and cures, farting constantly, farting continuously, farting control tips, farting facts, farting frequently, farting good for health, farting good or bad, farting health, farting healthy, farting in sleep, farting in water, farting meaning, farting often, farting problem, farting questions, farting sounds, farting too much, farting while exercising, farting whole day, farting with bad smell, i farting so much, i'm farting all the time, i'm farting alot lately