Anxiety is a common emotion that is characterized by physical symptoms like faster heartbeat, feeling of tension and thoughts or worries that something bad will happen. The causes related to anxiety are some of the most common mental disorders among the human population.
Anxiety disorders can be treated and the treatment may involve wide range of goals and procedures. The combination of medical and behavioral interventions like exercising and relaxation techniques provides an increased benefit which are aimed at alleviating distressing symptoms such as panic and phobia.
Exercise to reduce anxiety symptoms
Exercise is a boon for our mental, physical and emotional health which is particularly helpful for easing anxiety. Some amount of moderate exercise has shown to have a significant effect on mood and anxiety. These are some of the techniques which reduce anxiety in individuals:
• Moderate to intense exercise – Raises the core body temperature which is accompanied by a simultaneous reducing tension in muscles, thereby affecting the experience of anxiety.
• Relaxation training – Decreases general physical arousal and sometimes it is the initial step for the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Combining biofeedback along with this helps to monitor physical behaviors such as blood pressure, pulse rate or muscle tension. This feedback mechanism helps a person quickly learn what to do to lower his or her physical distress.
• Yoga – Helps individuals to focus on breathing techniques and calms the mind which is useful in anxiety reduction. Simply noticing the breath coming in and going out keeps the concentration on self.
• Meditation – Positive changes happen while meditating which involves the brain mechanisms to bring anxiety relief as it eliminates all the unwanted thoughts. Meditating inside or outside, day or night has a long lasting effect on the mind.
• Other activities – Swimming, running, dancing, aerobics, long walks, hiking and participating in gym classes are the list of activities which can be tried to feel good and enjoy every minute.
Exercise is a powerful part of your self-care routine and an effective adjunct to anxiety treatment. Physical activities are healthy ways to reduce the anxiety. It is essential to identify the activities that you enjoy genuinely and practice them in a regular interval of time. Science has also proved that physically active people have lower rates of anxiety.
Benefits of to shrink anxiety
1. Exercise reduces the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol.
2. Stimulates the production of feel-good endorphins.
3. Increases activity levels in the serotonergic system which helps decrease anxiety and improves mood.
4. Exercise acts as anti-inflammatory and anti-O&NS (Oxidative and nitrogen stress) agent.
5. Improve mental health by helping the brain cope better with stress and anxiety.
Although the effects of exercise are temporary, they demonstrate that just a brisk walk or other simple activity can deliver several hours of relief. One vigorous exercise session can help alleviate symptoms for hours and a regular schedule may significantly reduce them over time. There are several approaches for treatment of Anxiety disorders including biological, behavioral and cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic interventions.
More from my site
Get Healthcare Articles Directly in Your Inbox
Tags: Anxiety disorders, exercise in treating anxiety disorder treatment, exercise in treating anxiety disorders, exercise in treating anxiety disorders without medication, how to treat anxiety disorders without medication, treating anxiety disorders in a school setting, treating anxiety disorders in adults, treating anxiety disorders in children results of a randomied clinical trial, treating anxiety disorders in youth, treating anxiety disorders naturally