You might be cribbing and probably telling your friends that there is no cure for Psoriasis at all. This is because you have tried all those prescribed medicines, which have all turned out to be a failure. Itching and pain can be unbearable to even walk and sleep as the plaques on the hands and feet act as barrier to perform simple daily activities. This frustrating skin problem makes you feel embarrassed and keeps you locked inside the house due to appearance consciousness. Medicines need not be the best always for this problem, as there is no substitute for natural treatment.
Herbal remedies for psoriasis
There are systematic and natural treatments that can ease the symptoms of this horrible condition. Some of the herbal remedies which are found to be effective are as follows:
– Applying the Aloe Vera gel at least three times a day helps to reduce the redness and scaling.
– You can relieve the itching in your scalp by using the apple cider vinegar. Better buy the organic product from stores and apply to your scalp every day. If you experience burning sensation and irritation, dilute the vinegar with some water or rinse the skin after the solution dries. Avoid using this remedy if you have open wounds or bleeding.
– Oats are the best skin soothers, use them as a paste or use them with the lukewarm water to bath which relieves itchiness and reduces redness in your skin.
– Tea tree oil and turmeric have best antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which relieves scalp psoriasis. The active ingredient in turmeric, Curcumin has the ability to alter the gene expression.
– Capsaicin which is present in the red peppers is proven to get rid of the plaques and alleviate the skin.
Note: Consult your doctor before using any herbal remedies as some of them can cause serious interactions if used with other medications. Do not follow the herbal treatment if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
Tips to keep psoriasis at a bay
1. The irritation and itchiness greatly increases if you have a dry skin. Apply natural moisturizers like olive oil, almond oil, and other Vitamin E rich elements and keep your skin moist. Avoid the thick creams which can mix with sweat and make psoriasis worse.
2. Scaling can gradually reduce if you wrap the slathered-up skin with a bandage or plastic wrap before sleeping and washing them gently in the morning.
3. Use lukewarm water to bathe and add salts, oil, turmeric and finely powdered oatmeal to soothe your skin after bath. Add the Dead Sea salts in the bath water and soak for 15 minutes, this removes scales and avoid itching.
4. One of the study shows that, people who smoke more than a pack a day were likely to develop serious psoriasis. So, if you need to take good care of your psoriasis, it is wise to cut down your tobacco use.
You can reduce the inflammation and plaque formation; remove the itchy scales from the skin from these natural, at home treatments.
More from my site
Get Healthcare Articles Directly in Your Inbox
Tags: best remedies for psoriasis, best solution for psoriasis, herbal remedies for psoriasis, natural remedies for psoriasis, Psoriasis, psoriasis causes, psoriasis cure, psoriasis Remedies, psoriasis remedies cures, psoriasis treatment