Infertility is the medical condition where the reproductive organ of a man or woman does not function properly. This leads to a condition where the couple is not able to give birth to any children. For many decades, being unable to borne a child was looked upon as a total failure from the mother’s side. However, according to recent studies, 1 in 3 cases of infertility is due to the infertile father.
- Many studies have proven that smoking has adverse effect on the fertility of men and women. It has also been reported where a mother smoking during her pregnancy increases the chances of miscarriage of the baby. It is highly advisable to quit smoking if you are already having problems conceiving.
- Alcohol is also one of the major factors responsible for infertility. Higher consumption of alcohol reduces the sperm count in men.
- Obesity also has a major role to play with regard to infertility. Overweight men are found to have a higher count of abnormal sperms than the men who are weight.
- Stress has been found to reduce the libido in both men and women.
Steps to deal with infertility
- Follow a healthy lifestyle. Quit smoking and the consumption of alcohol. Consume fresh vegetables and fruits instead of fast food which has high levels of trans fat. Do not give in to craving for junk food, instead snack on nuts which is healthy. This will help you keep your weight under control.
- Reduce stress in your life. Resort to methods like yoga to help you beat stress.
Methods of treatment
Sometimes when the problem is bigger just changing your lifestyle won’t be sufficient. This is why there are a few methods that you can follow.
- Medication: There are plenty of antibiotics available in the market today to treat infertility. These can be used to treat infections as well as infertility problems. Consult your doctor for a prescription of the medicines to help you deal with your condition effectively.
- Surgical methods for women:
- Fallopian tube surgery: This is the surgery where the fallopian tubes which is blocked due to various reasons is released through surgical methods. This facilitates the easy passage of the egg through the fallopian tube.
- Laparoscopic surgery: This is one of the surgeries where the doctor surgically cuts an incision from the woman’s abdomen to remove any scar tissues that will increase the chances of conceiving.
- Surgical methods for men: There are surgical methods employed for the reversing of a vasectomy and to remove any varicocell and repair the ducts completely.
Other alternative methods
IUI treatment: this is one of the most popular procedures. In this case, the sperm is directly transferred to the uterus though the cervix. This method is employed when there is a problem with the movement of the sperms to the uterus.
IVF treatment: This method is employed when IUI method fails or cannot be used. This is mainly used when the fallopian tubes of the woman has an obstruction and cannot function properly.
More from my site
Get Healthcare Articles Directly in Your Inbox
Tags: am i infertile, i hate infertility, infertility a disability, infertility a disease, infertility a growing problem, infertility a man's perspective, infertility after one child, infertility and homoeopathy, infertility and pcos, infertility and sterility, infertility and stress, infertility ayurveda, infertility ayurvedic treatment, infertility blog, infertility causes, infertility causes in female, infertility centers in hyderabad, infertility clinic, infertility clinic in delhi, infertility clinics in india, infertility cure, infertility diagnosis, infertility diet, infertility diet plan, infertility doctors, infertility e books, infertility egg quality, infertility facts, infertility female, infertility foods, infertility foods to avoid, infertility hospital, infertility hospital in bangalore, infertility hospital in chennai, infertility hospital in coimbatore, infertility hospitals in hyderabad, infertility in ayurveda, infertility in men, infertility in women, infertility kerala, infertility labs, infertility male, infertility meaning, infertility on the rise, infertility options for a couple, infertility percentage in india, infertility problem in india, infertility reasons, infertility research topics, infertility solutions, infertility symptoms, infertility treatment, top 5 infertility clinics in india, vitamin b infertility, vitamin e infertility