Coriandrum Sativum or coriander leaves is an effective natural diuretic. It is almost used in all the dishes, whether it is vegetarian or non-vegetarian, coriander leaves are chopped and added at the end of cooking. The special feature of Coriander leaves is that it acts as a natural diuretic. These pungent leaves are used in a wide range of cuisines around the world.
Coriandrum Sativum is commonly known as Dhania in south Asia and cilantro and Parsley in European countries. But the reason for its use in daily food has a far more importance than its taste and aromatic qualities.
Two Important Health Benefits of Coriandrum Sativum
Although Coriander leaves have a number of health benefits, these are the two most important benefits.
- It is Diuretic in function and hence helps excrete out toxins and extra water from cells.
- It helps to increase appetite.
Nutrition & Other
Coriandrum Sativum is almost used in all the cuisines, either vegetarian or Non vegetarian. It is also used in food for adding up a fresh aroma to the food recipes mostly at the start and also at the end of cooking. It has abundance of Vitamin A, B, C and Calcium; also it has a considerable amount of Iron. It helps to improve the nervous system and is the best natural diuretic.
Nutrition Fact of Coriander: Amount per 100 grams
- Water Content – 84%
- Protein – 3%
- Fat – 0.6%
- Mineral – 3.9&
- Fibre – 1.6%
- Starch – 6.9%
- Calcium – 234 mg
- Phosphorus – 61 mg
- Calories – 45 calorie
Here I have explained the recipe and procedure for coriander leaf soup. This Soup is best for Diuretics and helps improve your appetite.
Coriandrum Sativum Soup Ingredients
- Coriander leaves – 1 Bunch
- Pepper – 1 Tea Spoon
- Tomato – 2 Numbers
- Garlic – 10 Pieces
- Lemon – ½ Piece
- Sesame oil – 2 Tea Spoons
- Green chilli – 2 Numbers
- Salt – As Required
Preparation of Coriander leaf Soup:
1. Rinse the Coriandrum Sativum well in fresh water and shred it to pieces.
2. Next, cut the green chilies into half and add the mashed garlic, tomato, pepper paste along with 4 cups of water into the bowl and heat gradually until it boils.
3. When it is ready with the boil, on the first stage add salt to taste, squeeze ½ piece of lemon and add those fresh coriander leaves. Make sure you close the bowl.
4. Exactly after 3 minutes, stir up the coriander soup which is ready to taste.
A cup of Coriandrum Sativum soup acts as a natural diuretic and immediately increases your appetite. It acts as the perfect antidote to fight most of the diseases naturally.
Who Can Drink?
Adults & Children above 6 years.
Children: 75 ml
Adult: 150-250 ml
Best Time to Drink
Any time is best; however it is advisable to take it on empty stomach in the morning.