Wisdom teeth are the last teeth that come in human life. In most cases people have their wisdom teeth removed undergoing a relatively simple procedure. While, some lucky people have no problems with their wisdom teeth, for others they are removed either as preventive care or after some issues put them up to decide to have the teeth removed. Wisdom teeth when trying to erupt will show up many symptoms of their arrival. But, in some cases, they remain silent for a long time. It can, however, be identified with regular dental checkups. Let us now have a look at some of the symptoms that wisdom teeth causes and why they are removed.
What are the Symptoms a Wisdom Teeth Cause?
Wisdom teeth while they erupt, causes some teething symptoms as what we experience as a baby. The area may feel pressure like sensation and achy. Some may also experience slight discomfort in the region of the teeth and on the external region of their ears.
The possible and more common symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth include:
- Bad breath or unpleasant taste
- Stiffness of the neck
- Pain or discomfort
- Swelling and bleeding gums
- Swollen lymph nodes
Why Wisdom Teeth Removal Sydney is suggested the Most?
- The partially erupted wisdom teeth will be covered by a little flap of gum which is called an operculum. This will attract food and plaque which are difficult to remove.
- Once the third molars start erupting, they are exposed to bacteria and food like any of the other teeth, which means they are as susceptible to tooth decay as your other permanent teeth.
- If the wisdom teeth become decayed, you will develop a toothache but only after the decay becomes quite large.
- Untreated decayed wisdom teeth can eventually become abscessed leading to further swelling and pain. The infection can cause difficulty opening your jaw, swollen lymph nodes, and bad breath.
- The hard to reach and clean wisdom teeth invites plaques which can lead to gum disease.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can cause the adjacent teeth to decay.
- Partially erupted or erupting wisdom teeth can develop a cyst. A cyst is nothing but a fluid-filled sac which can be detected with a full mouth x-ray. A cyst if left unattended can erode the jawbone and damage adjacent teeth and nerves.
Seek professional help if you develop any of the discussed symptoms. He will examine you and suggest you if you require an affordable wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney.
Should I Undergo Wisdom Teeth Removal Sydney?
Not all wisdom teeth are taken out. If your third molars erupt normally acting perfectly functional, you can keep it. Your dentist assesses your wisdom teeth as a part of your regular dental check-up. He will recommend extraction of wisdom teeth Sydney if there are any symptoms showing a possible impaction or pathological condition associated with them. But remember most people who have had not removed their wisdom teeth during their teens, face so many complications in the future. So the dentist mostly suggests their removal for a healthy life!