Typically, children begin losing their teeth between the ages of 6 and 12. But did you know that deciduous teeth or “baby,” teeth contain valuable stem cells within the dental pulp? These stem cells can be stored for future regenerative medical therapies making stem cell banking the right choice for parents who want to secure their family’s future health.
Here are more reasons why you should consider banking dental stem cells:
- Dental stem cells have been found to be some of the most powerful stem cells in the human body, replicating at a faster rate as well as for a longer period of time than stem cells harvested from other tissues.
- When you preserve your children’s teeth with dental stem cell banking, you give your children the chance to reap the future benefits of stem cell based therapies. With technology progressing rapidly and new discoveries made every day, diseases that were once thought uncurbable may soon be treated with stem cells.
- Studies have confirmed that the long-term storage does not affect the biological properties of stem cells in the baby teeth. As long as the cells are appropriately collected and stored.
- It’s affordable, stem cell banking prices are getting lower making it accessible to more people and allowing patients to get the maximum benefit of stem cell based therapies.
- Stem cells found in teeth are the easiest to access and the procedure is non-evasive.
- Using your own stem cells for medical treatment means a much lower risk of rejection by the body.
- It’s never been easier. Your dentist can easily identify teeth and tissue that contain viable stem cells.
As a parent, it’s ultimately your choice to decide what is right for you and your family.
It’s worth noting, that stem cells in the human body age over time and their regenerative abilities slow later in life. The earlier in life that your family’s stem cells are secured, the more valuable they will be when you need them most.
Thankfully there are several reputable stem cell banking services in the USA that provide fully FDA accredited cryopreservation laboratories for long term stem cell banking.
When choosing a stem cell banking service for you and your family make sure to find a company that won’t sacrifice quality. Avoid ‘dual processing’ options and hidden or non-refundable enrollment fees.
Look for a company that offers a full money back guarantee. Often recovering teeth during a dental procedure means the teeth still have an intact blood supply to the stem cells making it likely that the cells remain viable. But in the event that your cells are not viable you should receive a full refund.
Finally, make sure to find a company that is committed to working with you and your Dentist to secure your family’s stem cells.